Table of contents
Programming is my main activity. I have had a fair amount of jobs in programming industry, varying from web-development through cryptography and code obfuscation. I am really interested
in game development and programming for stock / currency trading.
Starting from 2016, I’ve quit my job and own “Coldwild Games” game development company (see http://coldwild.com/). I write most of my game-related updates there.
The biggest project I had so far has been “Blades of the Righteous” strategy game:
I have published it on Steam. I am not very happy how it turned out, but I am happy that I got it done till the end.
I have participated in Ludum Dare three times in a row, making following games (each took two days)
Ludum Dare 27, Demon Soldier: menace from the outer space.
Ludum Dare 26, Way of the cuburai.
Ludum Dare 25, Villains of milk and madness.
- I have organized Global Game Jam 2013 in Riga, Latvia, which has gathered over 30 participants on site. Amber Games has sponsored the event, Gamedev.lv provided information coverage and LU DF student council assisted with on-site duties.More than 30 game makers have visited the event, 15 projects were started of which 13 were successfully finished. List of games
- I have been the main stage host on Unicon 2013, Unicon 2014 and Unicon 2015 (around 700, 1500, 2000 visitors respectively), multi cultural convention in Latvia.
- I try to volunteer whenever I can: Nordea Riga Marathon 2013; League of Legends tournament in 2014 of Latvian e-sport federation
Translating, as well as interpreting are my hobbies.
I have the following experience with language works:
- 2013: Worked as an interpreter for Vinh Khuat, vietnamese contestant at New Wave 2013.
- 2012: Volunteered to translate a web book about python programming, http://programarcadegames.com/ to Russian language, finishing the translation of all 21 chapters. (Around 12000 lines total)
- 2012: Worked as an interpreter for the security of Nelly Furtado during the New Wave contest, ensuring communication between English-Latvian-Russian speaking people
- 2011-2012: Translating boardgame manuals from English to Russian