Promised myself to write at least something on what I’ve learned, but I’m really tired, so to keep it brief:
- Make a mailing list on-side, allow people to fill their email and receive updates
- If you show your game and take 2 computers, take 3 people with you. Otherwise it’s hard to move around / attend presentations and get acquainted with people.
- Make an effort to build a community, not just promote your game, this will help more
- Traveling is fun when you have an objective: attending a convention can be a good one
- Just be friendly and interested in people / what they do, everyone is there to socialize (and play games of course!)